The Intro to Chapter Two

So, on my last post I said that I couldn't wait to read the second chapter that God is writing. Well, as I started thinking about that I realized that He has already written the introductory paragraph. : )
Here it is:

I am a junior so it is time to start considering the future and getting ready for college. Well, I wanted to study English Composition, but last week that all changed. Let me tell you about it:


A couple of weekends ago I went to a Set-Apart Girl Conference with Eric and Leslie Ludy. The conference was SO moving and it completely changed my life for the better. I have been getting closer and closer to God and I know that He and He alone should be my focus in life.


Well, the couple was talking about letting God direct your path and being Christ's hands and feet and doing His service. Well the Sunday after the conferenc I spent a long time in Bible Study and prayer asking God to show me what He wanted me to do with my life.


So, I waited. Sunday and Monday of that week I kept having Special Needs children come up. In a book I was reading, in a missions email, in a church bulletin, thinking about camp, and more.


I kept waiting. Then guess what?! Tuesday morning that week I awoke to the thought of 47:10 somewhere in the Bible. GOD SPOKE TO ME(I only wish he had told me the book...haha)!!! So I go digging into my Bible and there are only 3 books that have a 47:10. Genesis, Isaiah, and Ezekiel. I kept reading and reading these three verses and I couldn't figure it out. Then, I think it was Wednesday after I had this verse pop into my head I re-read Ezekiel 47:10 and this is what it says: "Fishermen will stand along the shore; from En Gedi to En Eglaim there will be places for spreading nets. The fish will be of many kinds - like the fish of the Great Sea." Ok, when you first read that it just seems like some description of a place in the Old Testament world. But, when I read it Wednesday night it hit me that THIS IS IT!!!


"Fishermen", Jesus told his disciples to be fishers of men. "The fish will be of many kinds", not all the same!! Special Needs!!! It just jumped at me!!! God showed me exactly what He wanted me to do with my life!!!!!! Excuse the excitement, I've just never had God actually SHOW and TELL me something. It is quite exciting!!! : )


So, now I am trying to find what I can study in college and where that college is that will help me to work with special needs kids. I think I want to get a degree in Child and Family Sciences. This will give me a broad range of work I can do with children...special needs or not. I have, so far, found two-three schools here in my state that offer that major. One is a great Christian college, but I have to work really hard to get a scholarship. I know that God will show me which school He wants for me.


I still want to write, but I know now that that is MY plan, not God's. I'm sure I will still write in my spare time...haha...if I have any!


It is a long and grueling process, this college thing, but now that I know I am doing what God wants then it will all work out!


The only thing I am dealing with is Trust. Trusting in Him to guide my path and not having doubts about whether or not I AM doing what He wants is hard. And it is only the devil tempting me and wanting to destroy me and not wanting me to further God's Kingdom.

God has begun this new chapter....now I just have to live His life He has for me and see how it closes. Waiting in Him is all I can do. I'm not worried....I'm excited!!!!

~His Hands

Comments

Popular Posts