The Making of a Beautiful Day

Today I went grocery shopping with my mom. Kind of an escape for the two of us to get away and talk. Odd that a busy grocery store is a great place to hang with your mom! haha

Anyways, as we were scanning the juice aisle I saw a mother with her teenage son. As I watched the two of them I noticed that he was a special needs teen. I cannot begin to guess what exactly it was, but I recognized some things from kids at camp.
I heard this young man talking to his mom and her responding and both of them smiling and laughing. I couldn't help but smile! A lump welled up in my throat and my heart sang!!
Watching them made my day bright and made me praise God for His beautiful creation!!!

Later I saw another boy and from what I could tell it seemed like he was autistic. He looked like he was having a blast! This child made me smile from ear to ear again!

Most of you know what it feels like to have your heart ache, but mine aches with so much love when I see a child! Any child, whether typical or special needs.

Well, there you have it, God's way of making my day beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts