The Best News EVER!!!

Well I endured many months of prayer, patience, and fingers-crossed and Thursday it all came to an end.
I received an email asking me to be the newest Counselor at Camp!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't believe it at first. My heart was bursting so much that I could not thank God audibly! My heart was just pouring with thanks and gladness. It is so wonderful that He can hear that too!

I quickly ran into my living room and jumped up and down screaming to my parents that I got the job! They were definitely happy for me, though their excitement was not as grand as mine. haha Then I called my dearest friend Mariah and told her. She was super happy as well!! She has been a comfort throughout these past months and a great friend overall! : )
All at once I started crying and laughing. I was so overwhelmed with joy!
I proceeded to call, message, and email other people about it. It is so great to have those special friends that pray for you about stuff like this. Without them I don't know where I would be. Thanks guys!
So, there it is, the best news I have received in....well.....forever! I think this was better than knowing I would be a volunteer at Camp.

I know now, without a doubt, that this is truly where God is leading me. Whether I go to college or not, He is directing me down this path. I am completely ready to just walk alongside Him wherever He goes! Like I said, it was hard to express my thanks to Him, and even now I find it hard to form the words. Mostly I simply smile wholeheartedly and just say "thanks". It doesn't have to be a long and beautifully scripted prayer to mean something to our God, it just has to be completely from our hearts.

This summer will be tough, 4 weeks of Camp in the middle of the summer, but I know that if I truly give myself to being Christ then it will be the most fulfilling and joyous thing I've ever done. I cannot wait to get started!

"Dear God, may you guide my thoughts and actions as I embrace this journey you have laid before me. Jesus give my your eyes, so that I may only look at the heart."

God is writing chapter two of my life's story......this is just too exciting!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you my dear Hayley! God is so good! I am proud of you for taking the step to be a true set-apart girl! It has been amazing to see you grow spiritually in your walk! You inspire me to continue to pursue Him! Love you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley,
    I am very proud of you. I know that God has some amazing plans for you as you serve these kids this summer. Please know that I will be praying for you. Would love to hear how its going. Also, you are always welcome to stay with us if it is too late to head home or you have to be at camp really early.
    We love you!
    Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts