The Week That Stole My Heart

I spent the last week with eight amazing 11 and 12 year old girls that have Type 1 Diabetes. The week was incredible!! I learned so much about myself and about those girls. I fell in love with all of them and to me, they're like sisters. I wouldn't have traded my cabin for anything in the world.
I'm not going to lie, this week was super hard. By Friday I was so brain dead I didn't know if I would make it home or not. With counting carbs, checking sugars(sometimes at 2 am), doing all of the normal activities, and being always on guard for an emergency can wear someone out quickly. Even though I was completely exhausted I didn't give up and I never wanted to quit.
I served God in a way that I never had before and don't think I ever will again. There is something so special and rare about what I experienced last week. Something beautiful and life-changing. I could never describe to you what those girls and that camp really mean to me.
My heart is not guarded well I fear...I can let go of pieces of it so easily. Diabetes Week took one of those pieces and each of those girls did. But, you know what? It's perfectly fine. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Diabetes Camp...you stole my heart! See you next summer!

I leave for Camp again tomorrow morning. I will be working with kids that have Cardiac complications, Kidney diseases, and Arthritis. Continue praying for me as I work this week. I pray that God would use me in incredible ways just like He did for Diabetes. I can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts