A Letter To Me

A few weeks ago in my youth group our youth pastor asked us to write a letter to ourselves. It was fun at the time, but little did I know that when I received it in the mail, it would significantly help me.
This is what I wrote to myself:

Dear Hayley,
      When god told you to live for Him 100% and to surrender your life to Him, He meant the whole thing! Every minute of every day should be for His service and His glory. Take some time today to think about what He wants from you, then act upon it! He wants all of you Hayley! So, give yourself to Him. All for His glory, to God alone!

Pretty powerful words being said to yourself. It was kind of like my conscience speaking. Sometimes I get so caught up in my day that I forget to take time to speak to God and listen to Him. I've gotten better, that's for sure, but I still have my days of worldliness.
God wants to hear from me just as much as I want to hear from Him, but sometimes I neglect to talk with Him and instead just expect Him to answer my heart. Granted He listens to the desires of my heart, but He still wants to hear my soul speaking directly to Him.
It is really sad to think about how much I'm breaking my Lord's heart by "skipping" our time together. I want to please Him so much!
Today, I'm sharing the life He gave me with Him and I'm going to our secret place to be surrounded by His awesome love.
I'm keeping my note on my bulletin board so that every day I am reminded of His presence and how much He desires mine with Him.

Here is a great quote from Corrie Ten Boom:
"Don't pray when you feel like it, have an appointment with God and keep it."

I'm scheduling my appointment for every day, all day because I never want to leave my God on the sidelines. I want Him right there with me and so I'm striving to give Him 100%.

Comments

  1. Dear Hayley,
    I am so happy you can "see God" in all that you do. You know, He is there waiting for you even before you awaken each morning and all through out the day...even as He closes the day with a sunset. My how "special
    and loved we are...it makes me feel so wonderful all day long knowing that no matter what happens, God is there loving me and you & providing for us all day long and into the night! My heart jumps with joy & excitement...
    He is always surprising us with one more blessing and one more time of forgiveness. Wow Hayley, how wonderful it is to be loved in such an awesome way! Always keep your eyes on God & He will take you to first, second & third base and...even help you make the Home Run of a life time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts