The End of Training Week

Hey Everyone! I got back Friday afternoon from Training Week! Here are some of my experiences...I say some because if I shared them all then it would take forever! haha

Enjoy!



The week before training I was so scared and I didn't want to go. I'm not really sure why. The devil tends to put fear into our hearts, but with God we can fight through it! Sunday morning pulling in I was still scared and I just wanted to turn around and go home, but by mid-Monday I was in a new home. My home-away-from-home!


We had physicians train us about the different disabilities present. It was very boring at times, but it was good to learn more about them. I know when I actually get to experience the diseases I'll be able to understand them better. I'm a hands-on learner! : )


We had a whole day of inclusion training, which was to work on keeping kids engaged and helping them be accepted. This was so much fun because the guy doing it kept us really “engaged”!!! It was definitely not boring! We played a bunch of games that could easily be used to keep kids occupied.


We had CPR/First Aid training, which I am now certified in. If you were at the training you will laugh when you remember it. SO BORING!!!! Now if someone is dying, I can save them! Wow, that sounds really bad!

I am part of the arts and crafts now and I’ll be working on that almost every week I’m there. We came up with a bunch of crafts that go along with our dance themes. I’m really excited about it.


We got to do each activity: Canoeing, Ropes Course, Fishing, Archery, Pool, everything!!! It was really fun!!! I felt like a camper! Hee hee


This week wasn’t all fun and games though. At times it was very stressful and physically trying, but I pulled it through with Christ! I was tried more spiritually. Trying to follow Christ in a setting where some don't makes things tough. But every night I did my Bible and "God" time. I prayed a lot last week too. Just those simple ones where you send up a little message to God.
On a happier note though…I did find some people who did feel the same way I did and that were “true” believers. It was great to have those people surrounding me. I talked about my faith some, which I was really happy about. I had the courage!!!! Well, God gave me the courage to stand for Him.


I made some great friendships and I can’t wait to see everyone again. I’m gonna go visit the next few weeks that I don't have camps! We all became a family and have a new home in just one short week!

I learned a lot of great medical things and learned a lot about myself! Even though it was scary at first, I wouldn't change my experiences at Training Week for anything.



Thank you so much for praying for me this week. I’ve needed it so so so much! God gave me His hand and His strength through it all!


My first camp isn't until July 11th. During this month of waiting you all can be praying for my patience. It's hard to wait to go back to a place you love so much! : )

Thanks guys! Love you!

Comments

Popular Posts